[linux-audio-user] Delta 66 and cd's : stupid question

Allan Klinbail allank at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jun 12 05:35:01 EDT 2003

Okay,

Now that I have pretty much decided to give up the ghost on the intel8x0
as a hardware patchbay seems to be a better option, (and I think the
onbaord audio system may have shorted .., the driver now refuses to load
all setting are as they previously were)

Has anyone got any suggestions regarding playing cd's while not doing
audio work? (as there is no cd input on the delta66). Is there a player
that will read the digital audio and send it to the sound card .. such
as an unmentionable player from another OS? Or do I need to  begin
ripping and converting to mp3 (yuck)

cheers
--
Allan Klinbail <allank at labyrinth.net.au>