[linux-audio-user] Quattro records noisy

Denis de Leeuw Duarte den_ddld at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 06:08:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I've been successfully playing sound through my quattro for a short while,
but today when I tried to record, I found out that is is very noisy. It
sounds a bit as if the sound is sampled at too low a bitrate. I can't
imagine this is actually the case, so I'm probably doing something silly.

Here's what I did:

- I have Patrick Shirkey's .asoundrc.
- I stuck a (good) SM47 mic into input number one.
- I recorded like this:

   arecord
arecord -d quattro1 -r 48000 -c 2 -f S24_LE test.wav
arecoarecord -d quattro1 -r 48000 -c 2 -f S24_LE test.wav
rd -d quattro1 -r 48000 -c 2 -f S24_LE test.wav