[linux-audio-user] XMMS Mixer?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 13 11:57:00 EDT 2003

Hallo,
juto aviten hat gesagt: // juto aviten wrote:

> >>Dear friends,
> >>I try to use XMMS as a mp3 / streaming mixer to mix different live
> >>audio streaming... but my problems is when i want to fade out or fade
> >>in one of the source XMMS fade all the player. So i know i could use
> >>many XMMS player at the same time, but do you know if we could mix it
> >>live? Is there a plugin for that or a special option? or do you know
> >>an app in the same idea as XMMS but where we could mix the different
> >>live audio streaming source?
> >>

> >There is a dj plugin which can do that. Alsaplayer also has support
> >for a number of streaming protocols.
> >

> Yes that's true... but i would like a gui interface to work well... i'm
> not a king of the command line... glups :-[

here are several streaming/mixer applications, for example MuSE (not
MusE!): http://aug.ment.org/software/

If you know Pd, you can also build something like that easily using
the ogg/real/mp3cast~ objects from
http://www.akustische-kunst.de/puredata/ and a file player like
readanysf~, also on http://aug.ment.org/

ciao