[linux-audio-user] Mastering; Rezound, fir filter, digital clipping

Oyvind Hammer oyvind.hammer at nhm.uio.no
Fri Jun 13 14:51:00 EDT 2003

> > clipping--represented by vertical red lines on the
> > time line.

Ah wait a minute, I overlooked that "vertical red lines".
Are they single, isolated spikes in the signal? Then
they are glitches, not clipping, and they could indeed
be caused by the digital stuff Mark is talking about, or
by some analogue problem during recording (such as a
nearby fridge thermostat switching on). Also, the
glitch removal software described by Mark is likely
to work very well (glitches are much easier to remove
than clips, you could even do it manually in a sound
editor where you can zoom in a lot).

Sorry all - will keep my mouth shut in the future.

Oyvind.