[linux-audio-user] mastering : multiband compressor

Allan Klinbail allank at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Jun 14 01:05:01 EDT 2003

HI All

While we're on the subject of mastering .. I can't seem to find a
multiband compressor anywhere... (i.e. ladspa plugin)

AM I blind or is there not one yet.. Are there easy tool sto make
plugins.. or do I simply need to setup a chain..

THe other way this could work is if there is a parametric EQ plugin that
has separate outs for each frequency band.

Without the plugin all I can see is a very messy option of copying a
track three (or more) times EQ-ing these so the represent three distinct
(slightly crossing bandwidths) and then running them all through a
compressor... or (this is pretty much the same) usign a sidechain from a
compressor plugin to route it through an EQ plugin.

If there isn't one can anyone suggest an easy tool from which to build a
multiband compressor in?

cheers

ALlan

--