[linux-audio-user] Re: you might already have a hardware synth in your office

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jun 16 07:50:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday 14 June 2003 02:50 am, Frank Barknecht wrote:
[...]
> here's someone making music with a dot matrix printer:

When I was about 10 (around 1960), the place my father worked
installed a barnful of IBM's; I got to tour the joint, and the
thing I remember best was when one of the operators played
a buzzy "Happy Birthday" on what I remember as a printer, though
maybe it was the paper tape reader.