[linux-audio-user] Device for simple stereo dubbing?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Jun 16 08:51:59 EDT 2003

Joseph Zitt wrote:
> [...] I have a Roland UA-30 USB Audio device, but so far I've
> found that plugging it in when the system is running crashes the
> machine completely, and that the machine fails to finish booting
> when I boot it up with the device already hooked in.

Add the lines

  audio
  snd-usb-audio

to your /etc/hotplug/blacklist file (or create it if it doesn't
exist). This should prevent the crashing driver from being loaded
automatically.

And please post the output of "lsusb -v" (when the UA-30 is
connected), and your ALSA version (in /proc/asound/version, if ALSA is
running).

If the "audio" driver is the culprit, you might try to do a
"modprobe snd-usb-audio" manually. If this works, you can remove the
snd-usb-audio line from the blacklist file.

> Is it worthwhile getting another soundcard?

Not as long as there is hope to get the UA-30 running.

HTH
Clemens