[linux-audio-user] Mastering; Rezound, fir filter, digital clipping

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 13:03:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 02:36:35PM +0100, Daniel James wrote:
> > As its a jack process you can use it on pre-printed
> > stereo WAVs too, but it doesn't prevent you from working on
> > multitrack sources like many mastering systems.
>
> Aha - the killer feature!
>
> The SoS feature also said that pro mastering is dominated by just two
> proprietary tools, Sonic Solutions and SADiE. I haven't ever seen
> either of these, but maybe there's an angle for a Linux based
> alternative here.

I got to prod a SADiE system a few years back, its kinda similar to what
we have in mind for the timeline stuff, but it let you arrange audio
segments too (we're not planning to do that, use ardour).

Infact it works more like JAMIN than the current mac/windows hosted tools
do, in that its independent, theres nothing to stop you piping live
multitrack audio into a SADiE system from what I remember. Infact it may
even have had multirack inputs for internal mixing, but I can't quite
remember.

I wonder if they have manuals online.

- Steve