[linux-audio-user] Re: you might already have a hardware synth in your office

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Mon Jun 16 18:29:00 EDT 2003

Steve Harris wrote:

> Cool. I heard an Elliott 803 (enormous early 60s realtime machine) playing
> tunes by modulating the tape puncher (I think) off one of its serial
> lines. The serial cable was about the thickness of a mans arm and attached
> with hefty bolts. Makes USB look elegant ;)
>
> http://www.retrobeep.com/computers/elliott/elliottSpecification.htm
>
> Its in the computer preservation society at Beltchly Park in the UK.

wow... is it up and running?... i never noticed it there.... but i went
about 2 years ago.... thats a good enough excuse as any to visit - along
with sampling their enigma machines again (its an enigma on the front
page of irixx.org)

i suppose that brings us vaguely back on topic... oh to hell with it.

right.

i wanna do one of those things - line printer or dotmatrix - and then
control it via xtend or something on my linux box.... any ideas?

m~

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

             gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E