[linux-audio-user] Best list for Linux MIDI questions?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Mar 2 09:58:01 EST 2003

On Sunday 02 March 2003 09:34, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Larry Troxler wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 February 2003 22:46, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >>Larry,
> >>   I ask most of mine on Alsa-Dev, and generally get pretty fast
> >>answers. I'm about to start a MIDI problems thread (big problems
> >>unfortunately...) and have to decide where to do it, so your email is
> >>timely.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Mark
> >
> > Unfortunately, I don't still have the email, but I think I read something
> > from Frank Barknecht to the effect that this list really should have been
> > called linux-audio/midi-user.
>
> if you promise not to use the MIDI wisdom you harvest off this list for
> anything other than producing audio of some kind, it's probably ok here :-P

So controlling stage lighting is out then :-)

Actually, many years ago (I think this was around the 286 era) a gave some
consideration to writing a utility to to use MIDI to transfer file between
two of my computers (one didn't have an RS-232 port). I don't remember why I
never ended up doing it.

Larry