[linux-audio-user] VIA-82xx driver broken in alsa driver release 0.9 rc7

Gustavo Zamorano S. gzsuniq at cableonda.net
Sun Mar 2 11:01:01 EST 2003

I visited today the ALSA project site to check if a new ALSA driver is
available. I am currently working with Alsa driver 0.9 rc6  and my sound
card is a VIA-8233.  It is working fine.
A newer driver 0.9 rc7 is available since last Feb, 17th.
I found a note at the end of the following  page that says that VIA-82xx
driver is broken in 0.9 rc7:
http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=VIA&card=&chip=via8233a&module=via82xx

It recommend us to stay with rc6.

Please take note.
Do we have to wait for rc8 to have it fixed?
--
This Message is sent from My R. Hat 8.0 Linux server

       .-.
     .-. |                    Gustavo Zamorano S.