[linux-audio-user] jackd, zynaddsubfx and iiwusynth

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon Mar 3 09:37:01 EST 2003

Jack outputs are the output ports on the iiwusynth. Think of them as 1/4"
connectors.

Physical ports are the inputs to your output power amp in your sound card.
Think of them as your keyboard amp.

If you use qjackconnect, you'll get a GUI that will make this more obvious.
It will show you your sound card ports and your soft synth ports. iiwusynth
hook up automatically to playback_1 & 2, so I get sound automatically.
ZynAddSubFx does not. You must hook it up using qjc to get sound. (Or
possibly at the command line.)