[linux-audio-user] jackd, zynaddsubfx and iiwusynth

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Mon Mar 3 13:02:01 EST 2003

chris <chbung321 at compuserve.de> writes:

> Hi,
> zynaddsubfx works fine with jackd.
> But I have problems to connect iiwusynth (0.2.2) to jackd (0.51)
> Maybe the options are not correct.
> I start jackd with:
> jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 -D
>
> and iiwusynth with:
> iiwusynth -m alsa_seq -a jack -z 1024 -c 2 -r 44100 VintageDreamsWaves.sf2'
>
> *** libjack: WARNING! Use of function jack_set_buffer_size_callback() is
> deprecated! ***
>
> the sample rate is now 44100/sec
> iiwusynth: error: Cannot activate the iiwusynth as a JACK client
> Failed to create the synthesizer
>
> Other applications like muse and alsaplayer works fine. But I always get the
> massage
> *** libjack: WARNING! Use of function jack_set_buffer_size_callback() is
> deprecated! ***
>
> any ideas?

That warning was added to JACK version 0.50.0 (IIRC).  It is just a
warning.  The jack_set_buffer_size_callback() function is not invoked,
and in fact never was.  The purpose of the message is to inform
developers not to use this function.

When newer versions of your applications are released, the message
will go away.  Meanwhile, just ignore it.  It should not cause a
problem connecting.  So, iiwusynth must be encountering some other
problem.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
--
  Jack O'Quin
  Austin, Texas, USA