[linux-audio-user] jMax 4.0

kevin ernste kevinernste at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 17:28:01 EST 2003

Hello -

I am trying to get jMax to make sound but have had no
joy.  I have tried using version 4.0, 4.0.1 from RPMS,
as well as building it from sources locally (which it
does perfectly), but still nothing.

The "Configuration" panel lists MIDI devices for my
card, but the audio options are greyed-out as if
unavailable, and it doesn't seem to respond to changes
in a .jmaxrc (does it even use this any more?).

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Kevin

My setup:

Redhat 8.0 (+planetCCRMA, kernel 2.4.19-ll)
CVS ALSA (woth OSS emulation enabled)
SBLive! card with all modules working perfectly
Blackdown JAVA j2sdk1.4.1 (working great elsewhere)