[linux-audio-user] jack connections

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 13 08:10:00 EST 2003

Hallo,
Levi Burton hat gesagt: // Levi Burton wrote:

> Is there a command line interface to jack connections?  Something similar to
> aconnect? qjackconnect is broken for me.  Besides, I would like to know what
> is going on "under the hood" so to speak.

jack_lsp and jack_(dis)connect are included in the jack archive.
Attached is a simple Python-script I just wrote, that automates some
connections I use for DJ'ing:

I run two alsaplayer instances and Pd. The players' output should go
to the 4 Pd inputs to wreck havoc with them in Pd before they go to
jack.

"connect-ap-pd" first disconnects both alsaplayers from their
alsa-outs, and then connects them to Pd.

I also couldn't build qjackconnect with g++-3.2, so I made this script
solution.

have fun