[linux-audio-user] Collaboration

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Mar 14 04:57:00 EST 2003

> I was just curious if anyone on the list has attempted to collaborate
> musicly?   By "collaborate" I mean sharing of things such as "tracks" of
> audio

We have used Audacity to share multitrack projects between collaborators,
distributed on CD-R. Then each person in the band can create their own final
mix if they wish - regardless of computer platform. Our first CD was recorded
at the drummers' house on Win98, then mixed, mastered and burned on Linux. We
used Audacity 0.9x, and Glame for the effects processing, since it was one of
the few GUI editors to support LADSPA at the time.

Cheers

Daniel