[linux-audio-user] Collaboration

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Mar 18 06:00:01 EST 2003

> We can use P2P progs for what they are: legitimate progs. This is just a
> new and legitimate way to use them.

> "P2P content delivery for Open-Source":
>         http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/01/29/1823218&mode
>=thread&tid=95

This OCN system has possibilities, but I can see a couple of drawbacks:

1. you need a broswer plug-in.

2. you have to licence multimedia content under a Creative Commons licence.

I'd prefer more flexibility than that - I can't tell people they must use this
or that licence, either. Personally, I wouldn't use a CC licence because they
look too much like a lawyers' EULA to me - and we know no-one ever reads
those. If people are to understand their rights and responsibilities relating
to free content, they have to be able to read and understand the licence
within their attention span.

Cheers

Daniel