[linux-audio-user] New Machine

Luke Yelavich lukethemuso at ozemail.com.au
Tue Mar 18 18:49:01 EST 2003

Hi Chris
I did the same thing a couple of months ago, and am happy with my setup.
Specs follow.

Asus P4PE Motherboard
Intel Pentium IV 2.4Ghz at 533Mhz FSB
2 x 512MB PC2700 RAM, (Total of 1GB)
Seagate 40GB ATA-100 IDE hard drive, for operating systems, mainly Linux
and Win2k.
Seagate 80GB ATA-100 IDE hard drive, for all audio and sample data.
Matrox Millennium G550 dual head AGP video card.
TerraTec DMX 6FIRe 24/96 soundcard, as I don't need a lot of ins and outs,
and wanted MIDI and digital interfaces.

With this setup, I am able to get very low latency in Windows, approx 1-3
ms, and a bit lower with Linux and ardour/softsynths via JACK.

hth

Luke.