[linux-audio-user] New Machine

Brian Redfern bredfern at calarts.edu
Wed Mar 19 03:32:01 EST 2003

Yup, but you can get decent recording on linux even with just one drive if
you have the right combo of hardware. I was using an Audiophile card for
recording, but had some pci conflicts that caused random pops in
recording, but when I switched to the quattro on usb I'm now getting clean
recordings. I'll have to give 1394 a try under linux, I've got a firewire
card, but have only used it for digitizing video.

http://www.brianredfern.org