[linux-audio-user] Distro choice :)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 19 15:57:00 EST 2003

Hallo,
Vincent Touquet hat gesagt: // Vincent Touquet wrote:

> I'm checking out my distro options for a Linux machine I will use to
> record music and do MIDI with.
>
> I'm mostly a Debian adept, so I was
> thinking of adding the demudi packages to my sources.list, but they
> seem a bit out of date (there is newer stuff in sid than in the demudi
> specific repositories ?).

I currently only use the sources of demudi in my apt-list. Then you
just download it with "apt-get source"  and build on your own
("apt-get build") A next release will not be too far away (Demudi had
a bad server crash recently, that is not fully repaired yet)

You need to face this: AGNULA/Demudi has a deadline. It will be
finished in I guess the next year. After that, the work Demudi has
done, will go into Debian, I suppose.

So if you like Debian, stay with it. You can only profit from Demudi.

ciao