[linux-audio-user] modprobe failure installing ALSA for SB32 (AWE)

Speaker to Vegetables speaker-to-vegetables at pobox.com
Mon Mar 24 09:52:01 EST 2003

The "Creative" in the company name "Creative Labs" seems to refer mostly
to their way of naming products, though "Confusing" would be more
accurate. Anyway, the card known to ALSA as a SoundBlaster AWE (sbawe)
is an ISA card, so if, as you say, the card you have is not an ISA
card, it is not a "sbawe". If you have a pci sound card that is a real
soundblaster and not some other kind that claims to be compatible, it
is probably an emu10k1, ens1371, or ens1370.

--
"Can you remember the future? Forget it!"