[linux-audio-user] Laptop Sound

John Bleichert syborg at stny.rr.com
Mon Mar 24 10:06:01 EST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Angel Gabriel wrote:

> I have a Compaq Evo N400c, and I have absoulty no ida how to enable the sound.
> Is there a linux howto on sound setup?
> --

The first thing to do is run 'lspci' and see what kind of sound card you
have. (Normally 'lspci' is in /sbin so it may not be in your path).

Once you find out what type of sound card you have, post that info in here
with your distro type, kernel revision (uname -a) and the output of
/sbin/lsmod and we can help you out.

On most supported laptops sounds works 'out of the gate' with modern
distros, you may need to do some simple tweaking, that's all.

HTH - JB

John Bleichert   syborg at stny.rr.com