[linux-audio-user] pcmcia configuration for multiface

Jaakko Prättälä Jaakko.Prattala at Helsinki.FI
Mon Mar 24 16:02:01 EST 2003

I'm still trying to get my multiface+cardbus recognized.
At the moment it makes no difference if the
card is in the slot or not when I modprobe snd-hdsp

Now I'll just suppose that I patched the driver right
and the problem is with my pcmcia setup.
I've never used any pcmcia devices so this is quite possible.

I have a hp xe4100 laptop
with a pcmcia slot that takes one card
of any type (I, II, III) at a time.
____
What does a working kernel configuration look like?
Here's some of mine that I thought might matter:
CONFIG_PCI=y
# CONFIG_PCI_GOBIOS is not set
# CONFIG_PCI_GODIRECT is not set
CONFIG_PCI_GOANY=y
CONFIG_PCI_BIOS=y
CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT=y
CONFIG_PCI_NAMES=y
# CONFIG_EISA is not set
# CONFIG_MCA is not set
CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y

CONFIG_PCMCIA=m
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y
# CONFIG_TCIC is not set
# CONFIG_I82092 is not set
# CONFIG_I82365 is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI is not set
____
I have pcmcia-cs installed with rhl8.0
(rpm's called kernel-pcmcia-cs-3.1.31-9)
but I have no idea what to do with it.
Should I?
____
Here's some more info:
# cat /proc/pci
[...]
  Bus  0, device  10, function  0:
    CardBus bridge: PCI device 1217:6972 (O2 Micro, Inc.) (rev 0).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=168.  Min Gnt=128.Max Lat=5.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x10000000 [0x10000fff].
[...]

# /sbin/cardctl status
Socket 0:
  no card
(no matter what)

I don't even know what info you people would need
to be able to help so I'm just dumping this stuff.
Please ask me if you need something specific.

All and any help is greatly appreciated, as always.