[linux-audio-user] Help with mixer/preamp config (OT?)

Bryan Koschmann - GKT gktnews at gktech.net
Mon Mar 31 16:47:14 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm am sure this is off topic but I am desparately seeking help.

I am trying to figure out how the mixer/preamp/input card will coincide
with each other.

If I have a card with 4 inputs (either midiman digital or SB lives), I
will be needing preamps. I looked at the M-Audio Audio Buddy, which seems
like it simply has 2 XLR inputs and 2 1/4" outputs. That part is
straightforward and I understand.

However, I was looking at mixers and I got lost. I looked at a Eurorack
(cant remember which model) for around $170. It had 4 XLR inputs, and the
box said it had 4 mic preamp inputs. But, how do the outputs work? I was
looking for 4 1/4" jacks marked "output 1" "output 2" and so forth. Where
am I lost?

Please forgive me for asking such newbie questions. I simply do not know
where else to turn. I've searched the net high and low and didn't find the
answers.

Thank you very much in advance,

	Bryan