[linux-audio-user] Help with mixer/preamp config (OT?)

Jan "Evil Twin" Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Mar 31 18:30:00 EST 2003

Bryan,

	What you want is a mixer with per channel direct outs.  I believe
Behringer has an 8 channel with direct outs for $250 US.  You can buy a
cheap Behringer two channel mixer and pan the outputs from each track
full left and right and then use the L/R outputs as input to two of your
channels.  I actually have one of these little $60 wonders around and
that works fine.  I also recently bought an Art TPS (Tube Preamp
System).  This is a two channel tube mic/instrument preamp.  It cost
$180 US and I use it with my condenser mics to warm things up a bit.  I
also use it live for my vocals and harp.  It's not the greatest but it's
not bad.

Jan