[linux-audio-user] xruns: file system ext3 --> reiserfs?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri May 2 10:18:00 EDT 2003

> dear list,
>
> i'm running Debian kernel version 2.4.20 with ext3 an an Asus L3 laptop
> with a Hammerfall HDSP, and my xruns using Jack are frequent and nasty!
> i would say in the nieghborhood of every 10-20 seconds, i get an xrun of
> 10-200 ms.

<SNIP>
Various emails about converting to reiserfs...
<SNIP>

If the idea here is that the xruns are caused by the ext3 journaling
operations, wouldn't a simple test be to mount the ext3 partition as ext2
and prove it before doing all the work to move to reiserfs only to find out
it's something else? Or possibly change the journaling commit time to reduce
or increase the xruns?

Maybe it's too late for that. Sorry...