[linux-audio-user] requested sample rate warning @ PA

micro-people imuzik at geocities.co.jp
Mon May 5 11:42:01 EDT 2003

PortAudio Test: output sine wave.SR = 44100, BufSize = 64, devID = 0
Pa_SetupDeviceFormat: warning - requested sample rate = 44100 Hz -closest
= 44188

comes out
@ the very 1st test of PortAudio v18
on my GatewaySOLO 2100 (PentiumMMX150MHz,48MB-RAM)
that has Slackware9D1 installed

'play' of 'sox'
also gives me the similar message

someone on the PA-List
talled me that
then i might not be getting the absolute pitch
but the 'absolute' is the 1st priority for me
since i wanna do the micro-tuned music

the rebuilt kernel2.4.20 @ Slack8.1 didn't give me the message
(is it it's just not giving me the message but doing the same thing?)
and
Jsyn(which runs on PA) @
Windows95(also installed as the alternative OS) runs OK
without the warnings

sould i simply get rid of Slack9D1 and go back to
the previous Slack that i had ?

is my hardware is the be blamed
or the OS is not tuned correctly ?

thanks in advance