[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.1 kernel problem

Christophe Vescovi vescovi at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Tue May 6 03:47:00 EDT 2003

Daniel James wrote:
>>RPMS of alsa 0.9.2 are on Mandrake Cooker
>

> Hi Christophe!
>
> I could find alsa-utils, but not libalsa2, libalsa2-devel,
> libalsa-data or alsa-tools. Which mirror did you get these from? Did
> you need anything else to upgrade ALSA from the version in Mandrake
> 9.1?
>
> Cheers
>
> Daniel

I have find alsa-utils, libalsa2, libalsa2-devel and libalsa-data on
this french mirror :
ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/cooker/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS/
Maybe you can find them on an other cooker mirror, see the list of mirro
at the end of this page : http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/cookerdevel.php3

Of course you also need the source of the kernel you are using. For the
multimedia kernel just install the kernel-multimedia-source package at
Thac's RPMS.

Hope this help,
Christophe

Christophe Vescovi
Laboratoire de Physique Subatomique et de Cosmologie
53 Av. des Martyrs - 38026 GRENOBLE Cedex - France
Tel : 33 (0)4 76 28 40 88
Fax : 33 (0)4 76 28 40 04

E-mail : vescovi at lpsc.in2p3.fr