[linux-audio-user] Portable USB disk recorder?

Len Moskowitz vze24hrw at verizon.net
Sun May 11 13:09:00 EDT 2003

"Steve Harris" <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> > There was something posted here recently about using a Palm Pilot or
> > some little PDA like that as a portable recorder for 24-bit/96KHz
> > work. It ran about $200 and looked pretty cool for what it was, but
> > it may be vaporware at this point. Check the archives. It was about
> > 2 weeks ago if I remember. (Might have been LAD and not LAU)
>
> That is the coresound thing:
> http://www.core-sound.com/HighResRecorderNews.html
>
> The card exists AFACT, but theres no acompanying AD converter, so youd
have
> to use your own.

PDAudio-CF has Linux ALSA drivers available for it and it works with any
S/PDIF-generating front end, including mic pre-amps (our soon-to-be-released
Mic2496, Denecke's AD-20, Grace Lunatec V3 and others), A-to-D converters
(Benchmarks's AD2K, M-Audio's Flying Cow and many others), CD players, MD
recorders/players, DAT recorders/players, computer sound cards and others.

We're taking pre-orders on PDAudio-CF and expect the first production lot to
ship within a few weeks.

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
http://www.core-sound.com