[linux-audio-user] [OT] ? DVD questions: summary

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed May 14 10:45:00 EDT 2003

Greetings:

  Well, I received four replies, and I thank Jan, Raph, Hartmut, and
Maarten for their input. If those replies were at all indicative it
seems there's a 50/50 split between MPlayer and Xine for viewing DVDs.
It also appears that no one is too crazy about transcode (I didn't have
the problems reported, but I'm still unable to rip a DVD under Linux).

  I downloaded and built the very latest Xine, and I must say, it rocks.
Alas, it's crashing my X server or my window manager (or both). After
using Xine my X session segfaults if I switch workspaces in Blackbox.
Does anyone else know about that problem ?

  I must add that watching the Matrix:Reloaded MOV trailer in Xine with
full sound was an exciting experience... !

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org