[linux-audio-user] Re: tkeca recording more than four channels?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Thu May 15 05:03:00 EDT 2003

>  I don't know how the multichannel cards works. I think that using
> OSS emulation you could make something like that:
>   stereo channel 1 ---> input device: /dev/dsp
>   stereo channel 2 ---> input device: /dev/dsp1
>   stereo channel 3 ---> input device: /dev/dsp2
>   stereo channel 4 ---> input device: /dev/dsp3

With Audacity (which also uses OSS emulation) you just choose /dev/dsp
and the number of recording channels you want, up to 16.
Unfortunately Audacity 1.1.3 doesn't seem to scale well beyond four
input channels on our machine.

Does tkeca have native ALSA support, or does it use OSS emulation
only?

Thanks

Daniel