[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Ahh

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 15 09:11:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:18:00 +0200, Tim Orford wrote:
> > Hey, that's the truth ;) I have got some valuable bug reports from Nick,
> > but I've yet to fix the problems, thier deep and tedious to fix sadly.
> > I have been doing a fair bit of plugin hacking recently, I'l make a new
> > relaese when I've fixed the problem Nick found (flanger IIRC).
>
> which host do you recomend?

I dont. Unfortunatly different hosts stress different things, and so show
up different bugs. ecaosund is good for bulk testing, but its tricky to
play with changing parameters to see what that does, jack-rack is quick
and easy, but it not easy to do batch tests.

> > I have been considering a mailing list so I can get consensus on bug
> > reports, if there are enough interested people I'l set one up.
>
> why not keep it on LAU until the traffic gets too high :-)

Sure. Most people just mail me offlist, which is fine too, but I have a
bad memory and very full inbox, so i tend to forget.

> > Another idea (suggested by Dave Phillips) is setitng up a web page where
> > people can make comments agianst the docs or something, but that involves
> > me writing the web stuff, Its a great idea but frankly I'd rather put my
> > efforts into writing plugins. I will get round to it if there aren't
> > enough people for a list though.
>
> let me know if you want help. I'm a php programmer.

Thanks, but there are issues, the obvious machne to build it on (its the
build host and webserver + it has a db on allready) is a bit sensitive, so
I cant give anyone else an account on it.

- Steve