[linux-audio-user] Re: modules.conf for both alsa and oss was Re: [linux-audio-user] maestro3 ?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed May 21 07:46:01 EDT 2003

iriXx wrote:

> hmmm okay, doesnt sound too healthy for serious audio work then! (i've
> gotta mix the madonna WTF album).... looks like i'm better sticking with
> OSS for the time being...

Great. Let me know when you have it done and I will buy a copy.

> gotta work out now how i can run alsa for my quattro but oss for the
> maestro3 ... i suppose if you cant run the two side by side, its
> possible i could have 2 modules.conf files, and swap them when i need to
> run the quattro....?

Huh?

I used to regularly test with oss and alsa by just rmmoding the relevant
modules and inserting the other when I needed to switch. You shouldn't
need to use modules.conf for the maestro3 with OSS let alone two. IIUC
only ALSA makes that requirement.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman