[linux-audio-user] newbie q: making a machine

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 22 07:30:00 EDT 2003

Hallo,
Patrick Shirkey hat gesagt: // Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> If not then AMD has a better rep in Linux land than Intel.

Why that? Actually before buying a laptop with a Celeron this year, I
never bought something from Intel, but when I see the alliance that
AMD is going to with Nvidia, who are IMO the worst thing that has
happened to Linux  ("closed source drivers kill opensource software"),
then I'm not sure, if I will buy AMD again. I for sure will not buy an
Nvidia mainboard, if specs for the kernel developers are not
available.

ciao