[linux-audio-user] Volume control with Delta44

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue May 27 10:21:01 EDT 2003

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 08:41:49AM -0700, toby at tobiah.org wrote:
> I don't have the answer to why the ADC sliders would zero when
> you touch the IPGA sliders.  This doesn't happen for me.

Ah, I said this backwards - the IPGA is zeroed if you touch ADC.  And
ADC is maxed if you touch IPGA.  This kind of makes sense according to
your description, and I dug through the code in volume.c - it's
definately intentional, and now that I understand it, I can see why.

> Here, however is the skinny on the two sets of sliders.
[snip great explanation]

Ah, ok - I figured the problem was that I couldn't figure out how I
should be using it.  I'll have to play around more with this.  Thanks
for the info!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.