[linux-audio-user] USB Quattro and Jack questions

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Tue May 27 17:13:00 EDT 2003

> Doh,
>
> 96000 * 3 * 24 = what Tobiah said. Better to read his explanation than
> mine as mine was still a bit confused.

Nah, I understand what you and Tobiah are saying, but I'm a hardware guy,
and USB is a hardware spec. I know it's not true for you Patrick, but are
all of your readers aware that USB is a 'Serial' bus? (hehe...Universal
Serial Bus == USB) A 'Serial Bus' (of any type - USB, 1394, Ethernet, Fiber
Channel) transfers bits 'serially', meaning one bit at a time. Why would
someone not specify bandwidth on a 'Serial Bus' in terms of bits/Second?

If we were talking SCSI then I'd say Bytes/Second, but we're not... ;-)