[linux-audio-user] Jackstart and 2.5.x kernels

ismail (cartman) donmez kde at myrealbox.com
Wed May 28 07:23:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am running 2.5.70 kernel with jackit from CVS. I got POSIX capabilities
compiled in but when I try to start jackstart I get :

cartman at southpark:~$ jackstart
jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
           =ep cap_setpcap-ep
    probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
    a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

So I wonder if is there anything that I need to modify in kernel source to get
this work because without --realtime alsaplayer skips sound everytime I open
a new program.

With Best Regards,
/ismail donmez