[linux-audio-user] Audigy 6.1 platinum and Linux

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed May 28 09:58:00 EDT 2003

Hi all!

Some time ago I asked for a PCI soundcard which can deal with
*.sf(2) soundfonts and works on Linux. I was told "soundblaster live 512"
is a good choice. But this soundcard is unknown to all resellers.
(They know "soundblaster live 5.1", but I'm afraid it has no
hardware MIDI synthesizer.)

Now a reseller recommended "Audigy  6.1 platinum". Is there
anybody who has experiences with this type of soundcard?
Escpecially: Does the hardware MIDI synthesizer work on Linux?
Can I change the orchestra using "sfxload" ?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)