[linux-audio-user] supported soundcard

Paul Perkins speaker-to-vegetables at pobox.com
Thu May 29 11:48:00 EDT 2003

Most "soundblaster" cards work about as well on Linux as on Windows,
sometimes better, at the basic job of getting sound in and out of the
computer. Depending on which distribution of Linux you use, you may have
to do a little investigating to figure out what kind of card your
"soundblaster" actually is. If you want a cheap sound card, the cheapest
emu10k1-based card you can find is probably a good choice. That's what I
have.

If you want a pro level card, the M-Audio Delta line is where I would
look first.

--
sigmotto: Liberty is theft.