[linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 12:26:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I thought it'd worth following this up by letting
everyone know that the 8x8 is setup, working and being
used to route mmc and mtc messages.

Linux Environment
I'm running jack and ardour with an external digital
mixer. The mixer is sending mmc transport instructions
to ardour and ardour returns mtc which keeps the
transports synchronized. MMC bindings between the
mixer channel faders and ardour mixer strips is
working.

The next addition to my environment will probably be
MUSE because I believe it has some midi sync
capabilities. I hope to MUSE:MIDI-clock_out ->
external hardware sequencer/sampler. I probably won't
get around to this for a couple weeks.

Patrick, if you write a howto for installing the
hotplug and usb firmware perhaps we should include
information for configuring the setup that I've got.
I'd be happy to help at your request. I have a sense
that we could get Clemens to help explain my
configuration. :)

ron