[linux-audio-user] noisy capture->playback

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Nov 2 13:18:12 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 19:07:39 +0100
David <dplist at free.fr> wrote:

> On 02 Nov 2003 09:48:44 -0600
> Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I'm following this.  How have you got envy24control set up?
>
> Bad noise comes when I set H/W Out 1/2 to PCM Out 1/2 and connect using
> jackd the alsa capture port (that map to a H/W In) to the alsa playback
> port 1/2 (that maps to PCM Out 1/2).

David, how exactly dows this mapping take place?  Via a command line?
A jack patchbay?  Routing in a particular program?  or with the
envy24control GUI?  Detailing the steps you take to set this up may
prove helpful.

I recall having this happen when I had the Omni (long since upgraded
to a Delta 1010).  I think there was some sort of monitoring or source
button I had to push on the Onmi box to stop this.  The noise, if it's
what I'm thinking of, is the digital equivalent of a feedback loop.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com