[linux-audio-user] Low latency kernel on Mandrake

Joe Button linux-audio-user at joebutton.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 11:40:46 EST 2003

I thought that _ought_ to be the case but I was suspicious because of the
/proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency thing and also because I get very noticeable
audio dropouts when I do things like task-switch. jackd doesn't report xruns
though.

Am I correct in thinking that if I start jackd as root I don't need to use -R
or jackstart or anything to get good performance? At the moment I think I'm
using jackd -d alsa -d hw:0 -p 512 (although that's in a script on my other
PC so I might be mis-remembering).

Cheers.