[linux-audio-user] Using a Shure sm57 mic w/ low end soundcard

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon Nov 3 13:14:21 EST 2003

> > Hooray for TapeOp!
>
> > If you don't receive it, get it. It's free.
>
> Only in the USA with 3rd-class postage (whatever that means). Outside
> the USA it's US $45 for six issues.

True. All countries have different deals like this. I'm sorry you cannot get
it for free where you are.

TapeOp did do a book compiling some early stuff

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0922915601/qid%3D998546836/sr%3D2-5/r
ef%3Daps%5Fsr%5Fb%5F2%5F2/104-0011666-1453529

I haven't read it, so this is not a personal recommendation, but the two
reviews on this page reflect what I really like about the magazine. It has
much less to do with just the latest equipment a lot more to do with the
people and how they work.

Since you can get the book for something like $15, it seems like a good
start.

The latest issue of TapeOp had a good article on sub-group compression. I've
been trying this for 2-3 weeks now and I like how it's working so far,
although I wish I had a better arsenal of outboard compressors. Ron probably
gets to do this sort of stuff far more than I.

Cheers,
Mark