[linux-audio-user] Terratec Phase88?

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue Nov 4 12:47:02 EST 2003

Hey all,

	Noticed the Phase88 in the new Musician's Friend catalog - very,
very attractive price for such a loaded interface.  I have two
questions:

1) Is it supported under ALSA?  I've done a bit of research and it's
difficult to find anything on the Phase88.  It looks almost exactly like
the EWS88 MT, straight down to the layout of the breakout A/D conversion
box.  In fact, a post on RAP hints that it might just be a rebranding:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=terratec+phase+88+group:rec.audio.pro&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=gprvcvk8o6nisk3qjfhgpm2gp1cfc2hms1%404ax.com&rnum=1

2) Does it sound decent?  I'm currently using an M-Audio Delta44 and
dying to get more channels.  This is much cheaper than a Delta1010.  If
I had the cash now to drop on a 1010, I'd do it, since I know the
M-Audio stuff rocks.  I've been unable to find any reviews online, web
or Usenet.

Thanks!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.