[linux-audio-user] Re: quattro

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Thu Nov 6 09:38:02 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 07:57, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > With 2.4, it works okay, but jackd keeps quitting at strange times with
> > some sort if IO CTL borken pipe error for no obvious reason.  I forget
> > the exact error right now.  It's been mentioned once or twice on the alsa
> > list, but no suggestions yet.
> >

> That's strange I can run it for hours with no problems using -p 1024 -n3

[root at gamma373-179 austin]# jackd -d alsa -d hw:1 -p 1024 -n 3
jackd 0.80.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

JACK compiled with System V SHM support
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|3|48000|nomon|swmeter|rt
open
starting engine

[... about 30 seconds later...]

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 10.923 msecs

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed:
Broken pipe
could not start playback (Broken pipe)

Sometimes it runs for a few minutes before doing this...
Any suggestions?
Austin

--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate