[linux-audio-user] CD Burning...

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Thu Nov 6 21:36:02 EST 2003

mine's real brand spankin' new

> how long have you had your burner?.....
> mine is pooping out thesedays after a lot of wear and tear and im
> getting about the same ratio of coasters too.
>

> the other thing i'm guessing at is that maybe cdrecord / xcdroast arent
> compatible with 52x burners?....

now this is an interesting theory - ties into the other guy's suggestion of
burning slower.  I'd bet that would work if not being compatible with 52x
was the problem

I did notice stuff like, on xcdroast, it would go to write the first track
and just apparentely haul ass - it would report that it was burning at like
243x - like WHOA slow down there cheeko!  maybe forcing a certain speed
(slower than 52x) would prevent this from happening