[linux-audio-user] Audacity segfaults

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Fri Nov 7 09:52:32 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 00:20, Felix Dijder wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying audacity 1.1.1 on mandrake 9.1 with multimedia kernel and if I
> try to change my output device on the preferences menu it just quits and
> prints a Segmentation fault on the terminal.
>
> I think this version is unstable, which should I get?

$ wget
http://mandrake.contactel.cz/Mandrake-devel/contrib/SRPMS/audacity-1.2.0-0.pre3.1mdk.src.rpm
# rpm --rebuild audacity-1.2.0-0.pre3.1mdk.src.rpm
# urpmi /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586/audacity-1.2.0-0.pre3.1mdk.i586.rpm

It may tell you to install some devel libraries first.

Austin
--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate