[linux-audio-user] Re: quattro

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Fri Nov 7 10:49:02 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 06:55, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> What do you get if you use
> jackd -v -R -a -d alsa -d hw:1 -p 1024 -n 3
> running as root.

It seems to work fine if I use -n 4 or greater.  Why do you choose 3?
Isn't 2, 4, 8... more common?

Also, I'm trying to adapt the .asoundrc to use hw:1, becuase Mandrake's
hardware manager forces my internal soundcard to hw:0.  Obviously there
are just some changes from "card 0" to "card 1", but do I have to modify
the pcm.quattro, pcm.q4, and pcm.q4b sections?

Thanks for your help, Patrick.

Austin
--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate