[linux-audio-user] How to get waves?

Hartmut Z Noack symposion at onlinehome.de
Sun Nov 16 10:01:43 EST 2003

Am Mon, 2003-11-10 um 21.59 schrieb Kevin Milhoan:
> Hello,
>
> I am pretty new to this.  I have ardour//low latency//jack all working.  I
> have a few samples of drums, etc that I play around with, etc.   It works
> really well, etc.
>
> What is the next step?  Where can I get more samples to play with?  Is there a
> good program I can use to make my own samples?  I tried using
> SpiralSynthModular, but it crashed a lot, and I couldn't figure out how to
> get anything other than a tunable buzz out of it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

If ardour works, why dont you just plug a Mike and record some sounds
from the real world? ;-)

I recorded some dozen sounds from Alesis D4 by just recording them as
they are played from the lineout, edited them with swami and now they
serve great (at least, they *sound* great, i just have to get this
hydrogene-app to arrange them ...)