[linux-audio-user] looking for audio compositor/sequencer

Denis McLaughlin denism at cyberus.ca
Wed Nov 12 00:05:02 EST 2003

Hi,

  I apologize if this question is off-topic for the list, although I
believe this is an appropriate forum.

  I'm looking for a command-line or script-oriented audio compositor.
Specifically, I'd like to be able to do something like:

audio-composite track1.wav 100 track2.wav 200 > composited.wav

  and audio-composite would generate a new wav file which would consist
of the sounds in track1.wav playing from the 100 second mark, and the
sounds in track2.wav playing from the 200 second mark.  I'm looking for
something driven via the command-line or in a script because I want to
composite close to a hundred different clips with second-accurate
insertion points, so I don't much fancy doing this with the plethora of
gui sound editors that exist.

  I've gone through Freshmeat and the best I've found so far is soxmix's
ability to mix multiple wav files into one: with some appropriate
munging, I could make that do what I want, but I'm hoping to find a tool
built for the job.

  Any help greatly appreciated!

Denis
denism at cyberus.ca